Today's reading, Seven Strategies for Attracting and Retaining Top IT Talent, which comes from the January 4, 2007 issue of CIO, is just as applicable to other fields as it is to IT.
Business 2.0 reports what seems to be an amazing data point: For every two baby boomers who retire in the next decade, there will be only one college grad to take their place. Thus, it is very likely that having strong skills in attracting, hiring, and retaining staff will become even more important than it is today.
David Reff CEO at a Dallas-based executive search firm has seven suggestions which you will likely find helpful:
1. Go for it. Sell the prospects on your organization.
2. Offer challenging work that matters.
3. Provide an abundance of opportunities.
4. Help your staff be all they can be.
5. Trust and respect your people.
6. Applaud a job well done.
7. Create an exciting environment.
You'll find the piece at, http://www.cio.com/career/boost/column.html?ID=27988&source=nlt_ciocareers
Have a great week. . . . . . . jim